I've always hated sunscreen and they break me out. But this is different. Doesn't feel like sunscreen at all. Love it. The only con is the price
Absolutely fantastic product, so far the best spf50 I have used on my face, very light formula and doesn't make your face shiny. Love it!
I use Skingredients 1,2,3 and Good SkinFats and love them all! Really great. But for some reason number4 drys out my skin and it doesn’t suit me. Could you recommend another SPF to use? Something very moisturising. Thanks a mill
Hello Sinead - If you would like an alternative recommendation for a daily SPF, do not hesitate to reach out to our team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Team Nerd x
Skingredients Skin Shield Moisturising and Priming SPF 50 PA+++
Love it, absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. Amazing service and love that all the packaging was compsotable/ recyclable.
The slot-in Refill inner tube clicks into the refillable original primary pack product from our NEW Skingredients refillable range only. You must buy the refillable long-life primary pack first to enable you to pop in your refills! It’s skincare that’ll do better by your skin + the planet!
Skingredients Skin Shield Moisturising and Priming SPF 50 PA+++ (73ml) is your multi award-winning, broad-spectrum SPF that’ll protect your skin + lightly moisturise, while imparting a dewy finish + peachy tint. Our SPF has a legion of fans that adore its glow, glow, glow!
Granted, Skin Shield’s peachy tint isn’t suitable for dark-skinned hoomans, but watch this space – we'll be serving you a skin-inclusive SPF in 2023.
The 04 in the KeyFour range – Skin Shield is the ESSENTIAL final step in every hooman’s AM skin recipe! It’s your lightweight mineral parasol that’ll shield (wink, wink) your skin from damaging UVA + UVB rays, blue light (aka HEV light) emitted from the sun + our screens, pollution and infrared.
For added skin benefits (because we don’t do anything by halves), you’ll find niacinamide – otherwise known as vitamin B3 – and vitamin E for the antioxidant protection against pesky environmental aggressors. Plus, trust the moisturising addition of allantoin to smooth the skin. It is non-comedogenic, oil-free, water-resistant and non-greasy, and what’s more, there’s no need to stress about a chalky white cast and photo flashback.
Nerdie tip: Fully massage into the skin to ensure efficacy. Apply every morning post-serum as the perfect makeup primer.
Please note that you need to purchase a primary pack for each product if this is your first purchase as the refill tubes do not come with pumps.
Rock Star Ingredients:
- Zinc oxide: a mineral that works as a physical SPF filter (SPF 50, PA +++)
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): an antioxidant that improves skin tone and texture
- Vitamin E: a potent antioxidant to protect the skin from free radical damage
- Allantoin: a moisturising ingredient that smooths the skin
Who Is It For:
- All hoomans – regardless of skin type
- Those with sensitive skin – mineral filters are generally well-tolerated by sensitive skins
- Those who want a product that works hard – Skin Shield SPF 50 PA+++ is your broad-spectrum SPF, your antioxidant protection, your moisturiser and your pre-makeup primer
- Dermatologically tested
- Ocular tested – because your peepers need protection too
- Suitable for all skin types
- Suitable for mamas-to-be (suitable for use during pregnancy)
- Coming soon – Skin Shield for dark-skinned hoomans®
How To Refill:
So, you’re obsessed with your 04® (aka the yellow one) – as you should be! Now it’s time to top-up on your dewy, moisturising sun protectant. Here’s how:
- To begin, twist your inner tube out.
- Twist off the pump and keep your pump!
- Take your refill tube, remove the lid and twist the lid back on.
- Screw the inner tube into the outer tube.
- Away you go - apply ½ a pump in the AM and at 2-hour intervals after.
- Wash, dry + recycle your refill.
How To Use:
- Use every single day in the AM.
- Apply ½ a teaspoon to your face, neck and ears evenly, plus more on any exposed areas as recommended by the Irish Cancer Society.
- Reapply every 2 hours when the skin is in direct light.
How To Recycle:
The outer tube (primary pack): your tube-for-life that’s made from resilient, ultra-durable materials that are built to last multiple uses and protect the integrity of the rock star ingredients found within. The primary pack isn’t recyclable, but watch this space – we're committed to making our outer tube recyclable within the next 18 months.
The inner tube (refill): is made from polypropylene (aka PP) and polyethylene (aka PE), both of which are widely recyclable plastics.
How to recycle your inner tubes:
- Use every last drop of your Skingredients product.
- Thoroughly rinse the refillable inner tube.
- Make sure that the refill is completely dry.
- Pop in your household recycling bin.
- Feel happy knowing you’re getting skin results aplenty + doing your bit for the planet.
Cardboard outer tubes: durable and fully recyclable packaging that’s made from cardboard – it'll deliver your skincare in style. We use a biodegradable soy-based ink that’s easily removed during the de-inking process, which makes our cardboard packaging easily recyclable.
How to recycle your cardboard outer tubes: pop them into your household recycling bin.